Exclusive: Agger unveils giant project, 24th April 2017

« Older   Newer »
Kat_Agger5
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/4/2017, 21:08

Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Luis Garcia, Pepe Reina, Thomas Bjorn and Mikkel Kessler are some of the top international names that June 17 is coming to Copenhagen with one purpose: They must play golf and raise money for children in Copenhagen West, so they can come out to play sports.

Royal Golf Club in Copenhagen will be the focal point of a large charity event where the former national team captain Daniel Agger through his foundation, The Agger Foundation, is in charge of the collection. This is done in close cooperation with former Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, who today is International Director of Save the Children.

Large hinterland helps
- I have been working on the idea for two years. Luckily, I have a strong team that supports and helps get this implemented. I can help with many things, but too much I can not, says Daniel Agger to Ekstra Bladet.

He elaborates:

- If this event is a success, I hope and believe, it is intended that it should be a recurring event, says Daniel Agger.

Daniel Agger has used its vast network of times in Liverpool because many of the big international names attending the event are former teammates from the nine years of tradition Club at Merseyside.

The plan is for the 22 top international names play golf all day Saturday, where companies will be able to buy himself to play along with, for example Captain Fantastic - Steven Gerrard - all day.

- The combination of Agger stand for and what we stand for, can make a difference for a lot of kids. I believe in sport's power to create a community. No matter where I've been in the world, whether it has been a slum in Sierra Leone, there has always been a football field where children could gather.

- Many people today like to help to make an effort, but again bother anymore just send a check. You want to know what the money goes. This initiative can have a big impact in the long run, says Helle Thorning Schmidt.

400 have children benefit from it
All proceeds from the event on June 17 will go to Save the Children. But Daniel Agger can not at present say what he expects of profits.

- I can only say that it looks very sensible, says Daniel Agger.

All proceeds will be earmarked to Save the Children's project "Room for All", where 400 children in two Vestegn municipalities needs a helping hand to play sports in the future.

The two municipalities are yet to be appointed, but Daniel Agger has just rooted in Copenhagen West. He was born and raised in Hvidovre, played football in Brondby and attended business school in Ishoej.

- We have to start somewhere. With this project, we focus on Vestegnen. We hope in time we can spread it out more, explains Daniel Agger and states:

- Am I going to involve myself much in the project "Room for All". I will take off in the clubs and help with the things I have the experience of my career, says Daniel Agger.

The big charity event June 17 ends with a big party where there will be action over several props from specially Liverpool players. But there will also be entertainment with top names like DAD, Phlake and Fisher.

f344d3544983900 61fe91544983902 d6e5c1544983905

0 replies since 24/4/2017, 21:08   33 views