Hareide frustrated Agger stop: Loss for the national team, 9th June 2016

« Older   Newer »
Kat_Agger5
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/6/2016, 14:54

Denmark coach had much liked to see Daniel Agger had continued football career.

Daniel Agger decision to stop football career annoyed Denmark coach Åge Hareide.

- This is a loss for the national team to lose our captain and a very experienced player, but of course we have respect for the decision, says Norwegian to Danish Football Union website.

Daniel Agger announced its decision Thursday morning at a press conference in Rosenhøj Boldklub, where he played as a boy.

The central defender, who debuted on A-national team in 2005, reaching a total of 75 matches in the A-national team, scoring 12 goals.

- I've talked to Daniel about the decision, and of course it's a shame and a loss for the team, that we lose our captain.

- It should not be a secret that I would have liked to Daniel Agger continued in the national team, where he is an important and experienced player.

- But when his body can no longer cope football at the highest level, so I have great respect for that he takes consistency and set his career, says Åge Hareide.

Daniel Agger's last match was the 0-1 defeat to Scotland in Glasgow on 29 March.

0 replies since 9/6/2016, 14:54   25 views