Morten Olsen: Agger one of history's greatest, 9th June 2016

« Older   Newer »
Kat_Agger5
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/6/2016, 14:52

Morten Olsen is annoyed Daniel Agger career stop, but have respect for Agger's decision.

The former national coach Morten Olsen believes that Daniel Agger had quality to continue in the national team, but he has respect for that Agger Thursday announced his career stop.

- We all have respect for Daniel Agger decision. Of course it is a shame for the national team, although there are talented players up, you have seen that a team needs leaders and experienced players.

- But there is only one who can feel that it is enough and that we must have respect for. It would be selfish to encourage him to continue, for there is no other that can put themselves in his place.

- If he does not feel he can make as earlier so he will not be longer, says Morten Olsen.

Daniel Agger career stop: Nice to get it out
12:54
Daniel Agger reached 75 international matches, of which the first 73 were with Olsen as coach. Olsen believes that Agger aspires to be among the greats of the Danish football history.

- He's had a great career both at club and national teams, where he took part in a dozen years. Some of them even as captain. It is not everyone who experiences it. It is not given to us.

- He goes into one of the great defensemen of all time, as I see it. Among the players on René Henriksen, Soren Busk and Ivan Nielsen, estimates Olsen.

He gave Agger debut in the national team against Finland in June 2005 when Agger was 20 years. Here Agger had just gotten her big break on Brøndbys major league team that won the championship that year.

- In addition to having seen him at Brondby team I remember a workout in Vedbaek where we were more interested in the U21 national team and therefore called him up from the Under-21 team's training.

- We had him for two or three therapists, and I promise you that we can see shortly that this player would soon enter the A-national team. He played with the qualities we shall see later, and he played with great energy.

- We had a class player to do, says Olsen.

0 replies since 9/6/2016, 14:52   26 views