Daniel Agger stops in Brøndby

« Older   Newer »
Kat_Agger5
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/5/2016, 21:38

Daniel Agger and Brøndby go their separate ways. The Danish international stops in Superliga club two seasons after he returned home from nine years in English football and the Premier League.

Sunday morning writes Brøndby on its website that the team's vice captain after careful consideration and many conversations with sports director Troels Bech made ​​the decision that this season will be the defense's final at the Copenhagen suburban.

How Agger's future lies remains to be seen, but it is certain to turn the election to say goodbye to Brøndby has been difficult. It tells Agger in the press release, in which he does not hide that the club has been and is something very special for him.

- Brondby has filled much of my life. It was here that I became an "adult" - both as a footballer and as a person. I would like to say thank you for the kindness and support I have always met at the club and the stadium. I will never forget, says Daniel Agger.

- I had hoped that I could join the club to win trophies. It irks me that it was not successful, because football is all about low results and achieve something.

- But I must also look inward and say that I even hit my peak level - partly because of the injuries I've struggled with, says Agger.

- Brøndby IF is a special club. Now they have started a new phase. I hope very much that it again in a few years will play for titles. Then I will rejoice along with the club's fans, employees and many volunteers.

love reciprocated
One of the employees is Troels Bech. Sport director who has acted sparring partner with Agger during the process in relation to the player's future. A future that words are not going to take place in Brøndby.

It might otherwise like. If the well and brand stood for Troels Bech and the club he represents. For in these parts has Agger a very special place, and there are numerous examples.

- In addition to his work on the field speaks for itself, he has been a great ambassador for the club and taken the responsibility that comes with when playing for Brøndby IF, says Troels Bech.

- That he is so popular among fans at home and abroad, it is not just about his abilities on the football field as an eminent defender - it's also about his willingness to meet his and the club's fans and spend time with them, which has been impressive to follow.

- And if you are in doubt about what Brondby means for Daniel Agger, simply remember that even though he could have continued in the biggest clubs in European football, so it was Brøndby IF, he chose to come home, said sports director.

- And the love is reciprocated. We would have liked Daniel continue with us, also as part of the new sporting strategy, but now we say a playing point goodbye to each other, and we wish Daniel all the best in the future, says Bech.

The bond between Agger and Brøndby started in 1998, and the defender signed his first professional full-time contract with the club in 2004.

The highlight of the partnership took place in 2005, where he was one of the backbones of the Brondby crew that the year secured both championship and cup titles. Following the successful season went to Liverpool, where the Dane also achieved iconic status.

Agger has in recent weeks been linked with a move to Turkey, where great club Fenerbahce, according to Ekstra Bladet information should be highly interested in assigning the 31-year-old defender.

Earlier this week chose Agger to quit the coming caps for Denmark just to get a handle on its future.

0 replies since 30/5/2016, 21:38   23 views