Agger difficult dilemma: Career Stop or new Brøndby contract, 13th January 2016

« Older   Newer »
Kat_Agger5
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/1/2016, 00:15

An extension with Brondby - or a farewell to life as a professional footballer. It looks like the two options, national team captain Daniel Agger to choose from in the coming months.

Daniel Agger has not yet extended the agreement with Brondby, which expires in just five-a-half months. That fact takes up much of the Copenhagen suburban and in various media.

But what is the alternative to a new contract with hearts club, as the Danish national team captain during much attention returned in the summer of 2014? That question is less illuminated.

But one reads between - and now the - the lines, it is quite clear that Brøndby icon are considering stopping their career this summer. The next time he will use to assess whether the body and mind are ready for some more - or boots, a trip on the shelf.

"I take it quietly. I'm in no hurry. I think it's exciting here. I want to be a part of this. Right now it must be the desire that drives the work. The desire to play football and to provide the maximum. I feel that I contribute something. That's what I need to see over the next few months, if it is there, "said Agger Monday before he gave a telling response to a follow-up question.

Is your body ready for more football?

"That's what I see. It's also why I do not really have gone into any discussion or decision yet. We expect that some of that, "said Brøndby defender.

The same signals have Agger given in the conversations he has had with Brøndby's sports director, Troels Bech and head coach Thomas Frank. Right now, he has both the desire and physics to play Superliga-ball and soccer in general, but whether it will be into a new contract is another question. Therefore, a career stop a realistic option.

"I have no doubt that Daniel enjoys playing soccer every day, and he is really happy about it, we have time in in the club he so passionate about. Nor do I doubt that he is happy to see that we take small steps in the right direction. But I've no doubt that he is considering his situation. There is a natural stop, and when you need something else, looking always at what is after the summer. How exciting is it - no matter how happy I am to play football - and what does my body? The considerations he goes along, "says Thomas Frank to BT.

"How hard hit he is and how hard he will push the body the last paragraph, Daniel only even know. The slider then, what he has been through in Liverpool. It was not just a tough league, there were also all the damage. It means something. Conversely, one can say 'extra life, extra air'. He has come home to family and friends. Maybe it means that he will take another turn with the clicking, "continues Brondby coach.

Just injuries have Daniel Agger's career cost many matches, but in the autumn, he played more than usual. Apart from five matches at the beginning of the season was Agger on the pitch every time. It can count on a continuation of his career, says the Brøndby sporting director.

"Daniel has played the last 20 matches - including caps - without damage, and it is of course the basis for his assessment of whether he can continue. That's at least what underlies our approach to see if we can extend with him. One could also have imagined that he had played no matches, and so we had obviously more worried than we are now, "says Troels Bech, having noted that his high profile to spend more time finding out whether the body and mind can handle several seasons, and now waiting for some feedback.

"It's a very, very important topic. Both for me and Daniel, but probably also for many other Danes, "says Bech about the importance of this specific feedback.

In Brøndby hoped so that Daniel Agger continues his career. Even in a big way. But the final decision seems to obviously be up to the protagonist himself.

"There is no greater than the club. It is in our logo and basic attitude, so Brøndby going to struggle towards the absolute top, with or without Daniel. But he has since so much to give. He is a leader and a symbol for a lot in Brøndby, and he is also a really good player. He is also the nation's states. So the added value is great with him, "says Troels Bech, complemented by its head coach.

»Daniel to follow his heart and what he feels for. But I can only say that I urge and hope that he wants to continue. He must himself take the decision, but he is very liked. It certainly is, "says Thomas Frank.

Daniel Agger has very recently had a conversation with Denmark's new national coach, Åge Hareide, on the prospects. And even though the national team undoubtedly plays a role in whether states stop career or not, it will - with two-a-half years to the next tournament - by all accounts become everyday life in Brondby, who will hold the balance.

0 replies since 14/1/2016, 00:15   23 views